Irregular comments, noticings, and perhaps the occasional observation.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Detail Oriented

More work this week on Cello Prelude 1, and I feel that I'm approaching a decent level of quality, working through at different tempos, but with a more or less straightforward playing of the notes (this to ensure that I actually know the notes) before moving into something more expressive.  I've also been listening (and watching) several versions this week and have discovered a few places where my transcription is in error, or performers are working from a different version.  The other thing I've noticed is hearing timbre differences in the performances that give me more position information.  I've been adjusting and experimenting as I go, especially with the mechanics of moving from section to section within the piece, and keeping the flow.  Definitely rewarding work.

No comments: